ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS
- The event will be held on Saturday, June 8, 2019, rain or shine!
- All participants, must complete an Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form as follows:
- If you’re 18 or over and you register online for the event, you must check “I agree” to the “Accident Waiver & Release of Liability (AWRL) on the online registration form in order to participate.
- If you’re 18 or over and you register on the day of the event, you’re required to complete and sign a printed “Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form” in order to participate. (Link to downloadable PDF below.)
- All participants under 18 who register for the event must have a completed and signed Accident Waiver & Release of Liability form signed by a parent or legal guardian at check-in.
- Snacks and water will be provided along the ADA-compliant trail for both people and pups.
- While our event is extremely dog-friendly, we’re also respectful of participants who would prefer walking the route without dogs. Accordingly, we also offer a dog-free walk which leaves shortly after the dog-friendly group.
- If you opt for the dog-free option, we still ask that you be checked in and ready to go by 10:00 AM. Event organizers and volunteers will be on hand to provide you with further instructions and make sure that you start off with the right group.
- The check-in and start/finish for the event is at the Pacifica Community Center located at 540 Crespi Drive, Pacifica, CA 94044. There is free parking available in the area. You can find details and maps on our Event Day Info page.
- SORRY, NO REFUNDS. You are generously supporting PARCA services and programs with your donation.
Safety & Courtesy on the Walk
- Obey all traffic laws, road signs and signals when crossing the highway.
- Stay well-hydrated.
- The Devil’s Slide “You’re Remarkable” Walk is a smoke-free event. No smoking is allowed on the trail or at the Community Center.
- Please note that your dog must be on a leash on Pacifica Beach Trail at all times and NO dogs are allowed inside the Community Center.
- You’re expected to discard all trash, recyclables and compost in the designated bins at the event and aid stations or in public trash receptacles along the route.
- As always, in the event of a serious medical emergency, please contact 9-1-1 immediately.
Check our Event Day Info/Parking page for starting times and additional details. You can also follow us on us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.